Friday 1 May 2009

LET'S START A RIOT!!!!

Geez, What is with ma internetz?! They weren't letting me on, and I was gonna cry...

BUT I IZ HERE!!! For the...four? people that read this.

Seriously, I don't think I've ever loved the people in my school more than I do today.

Someone, apparently the year sevens, decided we would protest at the unfair dismissal of one of our teachers; a Mr Hannan of the RE department.

OMFG.

Half the school abandoned lessons second period (ten o'clock) and ran around the entire field for an hour!! They'd made banners and everything!! Every time the teachers tried to round them up, they ran all the way to other end of the field, screaming "WE WANT HANNAN! WE WANT HANNAN!" He was so moved by the fact everyone cared so much, he actually started crying. I just hope it hasn't screwed up his chances of getting another position at the school.

Things got so bad the police were called, two or three kids got expelled, some in my year aren't allowed to go to the end of year ball or sit their GSCEs in the school, and a few people got arrested. Over a protest-turned-riot in the aid of a fellow human being and one of the only good teachers at school.

I had a great view of it, but I was in lessons (finishing off my final piece for natural form). All lesson I was shouting "Hannan for President!"

Even if I don't live in America the sentiment counts, right?


I'll see if I can find some photos of it, and put a link up later.

I'M STILL BUZZING FROM IT! I had a massive grin that I couldn't get rid of all day!!

The best bit? My friend missed the entire thing. YES, THAT MEANS YOU, NEURO!!

Love to all, and merry Beltane!!

teh.sparkle.magpie...*

4 comments:

  1. Oh, my. xD
    That sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! that happened at my school when a teacher was unfairly demoted (pluto-ized). but we got his job back and like 10 people were arrested and tons of kids got suspended. it was nuts and i wasn't in high school yet. darn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish riots happened at my school... Sounded pretty frikkin exciting.

    "Hannan for prime minister", perhaps? Maybe it could work as pres, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was, it truly was xD

    Prime Minister...hmm, that could work.

    I'm so glad this happened in my last year XDD

    ReplyDelete